Storyglass, Fremantle’s scripted podcast label, today announces the cast for Max & Ivan: Fugitives– an eight-part, non-stop, explosive satire from the award-winning comedy duo Max & Ivan. The series is inspired by big tech, big data and the chaotic way global politics is currently unfolding.
The cast includes:
- Max & Ivan (W1A, The Casebook of Max & Ivan: Commitment )
- Gemma Whelan (Game of Thrones, Killing Eve, Gentleman Jack, End of The F**king World)
- Alice Lowe (Black Mirror, Prevenge)
- Adam Buxton (Hot Fuzz, The Adam Buxton podcast)
- Stephen Mangan (Hang Ups, Episodes)
- Kyle Kinane (The Standups, Comedy Bang! Bang!, Love, Those Who Can’t)
- Celeste Dring (Lazy Susan, Wanderlust, The Windsors)
- Dan Tetsell (Utopia, Hollyoaks, Peep Show, Detectorists, Mongrels)
- Elina Alminas (Killing Eve, Ex Machina)
- Ernest Gromov (Hoff The Record, Anna)
- Freya Parker (Lazy Susan, The Mash Report, Josh)
- Jak Malone (Operation Mincemeat)
- Jason Forbes (Daphne, The Mash Report, Pompidou)
- Justin Edwards (There She Goes, The Thick of it, The Trip)
- Katia Kvinge (Black Earth Rising, Zapped)
- Margaret Cabourn-Smith (The Hustle, Miranda, Catastrophe, The Evermoor Chronicles)
- Sammy Broly (Berlin Station, Honour)
- Steve Furst (Little Britain, Lenny Beige)
The series tells the story of two lowly tech developers who acquire a laptop full of contraband data, witness a murder, and then narrowly escape being assassinated. Suddenly, they find themselves sucked into a world of state-funded disinformation campaigns, bot farms, all-knowing Big Data organisations, and shadowy terror groups.
Inspired by the chaotic way global politics is currently unfolding, Max & Ivan: Fugitives is an on-the-run comedy thriller set across international borders.
Max & Ivan, said: “We’ve been thrilled at the way society has continued to disintegrate at roughly the right pace for this show to remain broadly topical. It’s been a delight to work with such dynamic producers and a ludicrously talented cast on what may well be our last project before The Final Civil War breaks out and ‘scripted podcasts’ become the stuff of legend.”
Robert Delamere, Creative Director, Storyglass, said:“We are thrilled to bring Max & Ivan: Fugitivesto worldwide audiences at a time when political lies, misinformation and false news are having devastating real world consequences This urgent geo-political comedy is a great example of writing with real bite, wit and contemporary resonance. Working with extraordinary producing, writing and acting talent is part of the DNA of the Storyglass label and Max & Ivan: Fugitives is a prime example of our commitment to new talent and original vision.”
Max & Ivan: Fugitives is produced by Ben Walker (The Casebook of Max & Ivan, Baby, It’s Cold Outside, Who Exploded Vivien Stone?, Do The Right Thing, The Rebel) and executive produced by Sarah Doole (Director of Global Drama, Fremantle) and Robert Delamere (Creative Director, Storyglass).
The series will be released on Thursday 28 November and will be available on Apple Podcasts, Acast, Spotify and other podcast platforms.